Our new year started off blessed! I told my husband, Chris, "God is going to do big things this year," and He is! That's not much of a revelation, I guess, because God is always doing big things. So far we have stuck to our new years resolution of eating well and working out, with a few slip ups in between. (Hey, we're human!) We have also kept our resolution of traveling less and ridding our lives of unnecessary busyness. We've made extra room and time for more important things like God, our marriage, quality time together, our friends, CLIC (mission group), and other things we hold near and dear. Life is too short to waste your life being busy. There is a distinct difference between being busy and being fruitful, and we both want to be fruitful and live our lives the way God intended; with joy and purpose! I told my husband just the other day, "I don't want to be one of those people; too busy for my own life." Who wants to wake up one day and look back on their lives thinking, "why did I waste so much time?" Not us!
In January, my husband and I began Bible college at Life Christian Bible Institute here in Austin, Texas. The semesters are not like they were for me at Texas Tech University. We are full time students, but the courses are broken down into groups. I guess that's the best way to put it. We attend weekly, once a week, for three hours, so we get a lot of information in one class. We attend a course for a full month, then complete it and take a final exam. My husband and I both made a 100 on our final exam's last month, and we each earned an A for the course! We are almost finished for this month as well, and we have a final exam coming up next week. In January, we also started house hunting. Although we were already living in a house, we were renting, and we wanted a place to call our own. We began our search online.In February, we took our second mission trip (although CLIC has been there numerous times over the years) to Acuna, Mexico. My husband had felt lead in previous months to contact a couple in Atlanta (which is actually where we originally met), and he invited them to join us on our mission trip. The husband is the music minister of their church, and both he and his wife attended seminary. In any event, we picked the couple up at the airport and met them for the first time, then traveled to Acuna, Mexico. It was a leap of faith for all of us, since this was the first time CLIC had met this couple! They were our age, and they were wonderful, godly people who have taken previous mission trips to Mexico. Like CLIC, they have current projects going on in Acuna. It was a blessing to watch God connect so many people during our trip in so many ways. We visited the home that is being built for the family we chose back in October, and we interviewed them about their experiences. After praying for them, we visited a church that is currently being built, with housing for missionary's. We also visited another home being built by the minister and his wife and we prayed with the family there. We took some time for food and fellowship, as well. Back in December, when we were vacationing in Cozumel, Chris and I bought wedding bands. I know...we already have wedding rings. Well, we bought "special" wedding bands only to be worn in the mission field! With poverty and crime in our world, we thought it best to leave our "bling" at home when we take mission trips. LOL
February was an exciting month for us for a lot of reasons. Not only did we take a mission trip, but we celebrated our first Valentines Day as husband and wife. Being the romantic that he is, my husband woke me up with an enormous teddy bear and a yummy box of chocolates. Nothing beats eating chocolate for breakfast! I gave him some small gifts as well, and we went out to lunch and did a little window shopping at the Domain (a great mall here in Austin). Short, sweet and simple! 
The month of February was also a blessing because we began searching for more homes online, as well as in person. Before we knew it...we found our home! We closed on February 27, which was our 8 month anniversary of marriage. In the Asian culture, 8 is the number of abundance. (Just a little factoid!)
Regardless of the day of the month, God was in control, and He took care of everything. It was a fun experience but it was also exremely stressful, and I'm honestly glad that it's over and that we are moved in to our home (sort of). We actually still have some things we need to get from our old house, and our new house is a bit messy, but we are so thankful for it. It is brand new! (The building on our home stopped in February.) This month (March) we have been focusing a lot on what God is doing in our lives, how He is using us, and how He may use us in the future. We have been taking a lot of time independently and as a couple, reading God's Word, spending time with Him, listening to His voice and following where His Spirit leads. It is so amazing what you will hear from God when you are willing to open your ears and listen to Him! My hubby, Chris, has been busy at work, and I have been busy brainstorming ideas for a promotional party for my photography business. I'm hoping to have the promotional party sometime soon, hopefully within the next 6 months.
CLIC was contacted recently by people in New Zealand. It is a bit of a long story, so I will give the summarized version. They are wanting to get a branch of CLIC started in New Zealand. Ben and Kacey are our dear friends and founders of CLIC, and Ben recently asked Chris if he would deal with all of the "going's on" in New Zealand. 
The strange thing is that before Chris and I met, he had a desire to move to Australia or New Zealand. When we first met (before we were engaged), we talked about moving to either place. I remember talking to him on the phone and him asking me to think about where I would rather live (Australia or New Zealand). I really knew, and still don't know, much about either place, but I woke up excited one morning thinking "New Zealand!" If we do get a branch of CLIC started in New Zealand, then Chris and I may end up moving there. WOW! Of course, this wouldn't be for at least 4 years, since we are in Bible college, and nothing is carved in stone as of yet, but we are both open to and excited about the possibility.
God is leading and we are following!

No comments:
Post a Comment